Unrelated power outages causes major problems for residents

All power has been restored following an outage in Greater Sudbury. It happened in the Skead Road area and affected air flight travel. Hydro One says roughly 320 customers were in the dark for several hours. It’s been tied to a downed transformer, which led to a poll fire. There were no injuries.


A kitchen fire is to blame for a blaze called in in Sault Ste. Marie. It happened Saturday, in the downtown area of the city. Shortly after 5 p.m., fire crews responded to a confirmed kitchen fire in the 0-100 block of St. George’s Avenue East. Crews were able to contain and extinguish the fire. Red Cross attended the scene. Four occupants were displaced from the incident.

Aaron Gravelle – Sault Ste. Marie Fire Department:

When the power did come back on, there was no one in the kitchen to mind the element.